Monday 31 October 2016

Certain Dark Things



This was an AMAZING book. I say, if you loved "Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice, you will absolutely adore this! Full of vampiric gang violence and dark, wicked rivalry - this book is the answer to what Vampire books are supposed to sound like. 

I found this book on a Vampire reading list on GoodReads. It was brilliant and also NEW VAMPIRE CHRONICLES BOOK ON NOVEMBER 29TH! 

Characters:

Ana was my favourite character. She's a cop who finds dead corpses and winds up in the middle of lots and lots of vampire violence. Alt was also great because - you know - vampire. Blood thirsty vampire. THEY WERE AWESOME! 

Themes:

My favourite theme was violence. Vampires are violent, not "Twilight" sparkly-shite. "Interview with the Vampire" is violent, "Certain Dark Things" is violent...Vampires are violent. It was brilliantly romantic in the way it was written and I loved it! The writing style was just so flamboyant and the violence was made to make you question whether it was really that beautiful, or was it horrific. 

Storyline:

This storyline has soooooooooo much potential to be a complete series! I loved the whole premise of it - it was awesome and brilliant and poetic and amazing! I completely loved the whole experience of it. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9. 

100% for characters: I really loved Ana. She's a cop and she's in the whole vampire violence stuff, amazing!

100% for themes: The violence was so raw and believable - even though they're vampires. 

100% for storyline: I loved the experience of the book - it was my favourite part about reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment