Friday 14 October 2016

The Name of the Wind



I found this book really interesting. I'm usually not into magicians and sometimes I don't really realise that sarcasm doesn't work if you're typing it :D

I want this to be concise because the book is lengthy and if I start talking about it all I'm afraid I'll bore you as I tend to go on about books I like forever. (ahem, Dorian Gray, ahem). 

I found this book in the Waterstones bookshop at the literature festival - by the way I'm having a great time :) I hope you're enjoying my reviews. 

UPDATE: I'm selling books :) on "5ft2 is selling books" (this blog's adoption page :) THEY NEED A NICE HOME!)

UPDATE 2: There will be a vlog soon. So congratulate yourselves on having to look forward to my crappy, awkward and slightly nasal brummie accent being snorted through your computer screens. Ouch. 

Anything you want me to read and review? Email me: iamthereal5ft2@gmail.com 

I think we should get on...

Characters: 

Ah! My favourite character was only a minor one! The wizard at the beginning! He just seemed so wise and perpetually omniscient! I loved the way he embodied what it was to be a magical being - harbouring dark secrets and all that jazz! It was absolutely MAGICAL.

Themes:

Magic. Magic. Magic. I love Magic. I hope I got that across okay - because it was a beautifully crafted theme. There was so much of it - but it was never a cliché. Also, I hope you're happy because there's no spoilers here! No ending spoilers. None of that. 

Storyline:

I loved the ending. But, unfortunately I'm not gonna tell you what that is. I'm just gonna say that you can prepare yourself emotionally all you want - I'm sorry, it ain't gonna happen. It just ain't. gonna. happen. None of it. Nothing. You'll cry. Guaranteed. 

Verdict:

I give this book 8/9

2/3 for characters: Not. Enough. Wizard. Not. Enough. Old. Wizard. 

100% for themes: Who doesn't love magic?

100% for storyline: That ending hit me where it hurts. Seriously. Nothing can prepare you. Kind of like "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami. 

No comments:

Post a Comment