Wednesday 5 October 2016

His Bloody Project



On a grand scale, this book was really good. The characters were thoroughly explored, themes were established well and the storyline was brilliantly done. I initially thought that it got into the story a bit quickly and the shock at the start was the beginning of a downfall. I was wrong. It was shock, after shock after shock...

I found this book on a Kindle recommendation list. Yes, I read these books on my kindle - so I'm not ashamed to admit it! 

Characters:

My favourite character was Roderick. He seemed the most twisted and iconic - the most intriguing and warped. He was the most explored character yes, but between him and Lachlan - he was my favourite. 

Themes:

My favourite theme was the interpolated narrative. I loved the way the story was told through scenes, the trial, various different kinds of story. The narration was very different throughout each one and I believe that this was the greatest aspect of it (not to mention the gory descriptions of death)

Storyline:

The ending was so emotional. I'm not gonna say what it was because I know some people still reading it. I am gonna say that there was a certain level of belief that this would happen but always that hope that it wouldn't. I kind of felt pity towards Roderick and after that I couldn't go back on the emotion. Please forgive the novel for it. 

Verdict:

I give this book 8/9

100% for characters: The perpetually changing view of the characters you get is something that makes everything conflict everything else in the novel. 

100% for themes: I think both the narrative and the descriptions of the murders were the greatest things about it. 

2/3 for storyline: Would've liked it to be a little longer and maybe a less shocking and more emotive - but that's just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment