Sunday 30 October 2016

The Looking Glass Wars



A dark and twisted "Alice in Wonderland" fantasy novel brings to life everything that was slightly uncomfortable about the much-loved children's book. I found this book amazing when I was younger, and I recently re-read it - it was just as amazing :) 

My brother had a copy of this, I just remember taking his copy and reading it - god knows where we got it from. 

Characters:

My favourite character was Alice. In this novel she's like Holden Caulfield's just been thrown into a war-zone. It was a good change to a classic character - I loved it. The darkness of her was brilliant. (Laughs in evil).

Themes:

My favourite theme was war. Everyone was involved in a blood-bath. If you read my last review, you'll know that war is not always my favourite theme - but in this case because it's "Alice in Wonderland" it's okay. 

Storyline:

I loved the beginning, rolling heads. ROLLING HEADS. Executions and bloodied sword fights. The entire storyline was great, that being said. I was particularly intrigued with the changes made to the characters as well. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9 

100% for characters: Alice was a refreshing change to the normal character. I quite enjoyed it

100% for themes: Of course, it has the likeness of "Alice in Wonderland" but the bloody battles and scare of a Stephen King novel. 

100% for storyline: Executions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment