Monday 8 August 2016

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child **Spoiler Alert**





Now, before I go on - 


**SPOILER ALERT**

Naturally.


Characters:

My favourite character in this particular script was Scorpius - he seems to have better morals, but the same sarcastic tendencies as his father. Thus, making him a balance between good and evil - what a nice surprise. 

Themes:

Can't really say much else - but the theme of friendship was most certainly the best one. Isn't that with all HP books though? 

Storyline: SPOILER ALERT

Okay, so Albus is a bit of a rebel in the first stages, along with Scorpius. Strange, how you can tell who the kid belongs to just by the sound of their name. I think it was meant that way - no matter. Delphi was the one we suspected all along... Actually, I suspected Cedric for a while - then he was bad, then he was good again. Time travel makes everything complicated. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9. 

100% for characters: Oh I did think the names were a little cheesy - but who cares? It's HP, the names have to be relatable to the characters that they are the offspring of. How charming. 

100% for themes: With a continuation of the themes from the original books - I found myself reliving my childhood through small acts of kindness happening throughout the book 

100% for storyline: We knew it'd be Delphi...We knew it all along. Poor Cedric though - he got thrown around a lot, didn't he? 


No comments:

Post a Comment