Wednesday 24 August 2016

15th Affair




So, I've read all the books in the WMC (Women's Murder Club) - and I can safely say that all of my favourite characters are back - Lindsay, Claire, Cindy and Yuki. The series includes the following books (so far):

1st to Die
2nd Chance
3rd Degree
4th of July
5th Horseman
6th Target
7th Heaven
8th Confession
9th Judgement
10th Anniversary
11th Hour
12th of Never
Unlucky 13
14th Deadly Sin
15th Affair


Characters:

My favourite character in the entire series is Detective Lindsay Boxer. She spends most of the series being a career-led woman with nothing but her work on her mind. Now she has a daughter to care for and her husband doesn't like the fact she's forever working. In San Fransisco, things become even more dodgy when her latest case hits a connection with her. She's so very three dimensional - it's almost as if you could believe that this would be happening right now to a real-life person. Boxer is so intriguing that there's little want to solve the murder case, but to solve the puzzle of Lindsay Boxer instead. 

Themes:

James Patterson is the king of mystery. There are many shock twists in this novel - which is a regular for Patterson. But, the way that he introduces new concepts, keeps the reader guessing and jigsaws the whole thing together at the end is just a small section of what the theme of mystery has in store in this novel. 

Storyline:

I always love storylines that are puzzling and when the reader doesn't know exactly what they're supposed to be concentrating on. It seems like you miss something, but give the page a second read and there's something new discovered. This is basically every single one of Patterson's novels. A new discovery of mystery and intrigue. A brilliant read. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9.

100% for characters: I was so excited to read this! I love Lindsay Boxer

100% for themes: I don't think you could possibly fault James Patterson on this one. 

100% for storyline: I love the way that this book connects with the others, but also doesn't meant that you have to read them all to understand what's happening (even though I'd recommend reading them all because they're amazing).

Final word: If you enjoy reading the "Women's Murder Club" - I also suggest that "Toys" also by Patterson, is a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment