Friday 2 September 2016

It



So, this is an intense size of a book - also it is one of my favourite horror novels. Why? Well, this was the first horror novel I read that scared the hell out of me. I hate clowns. 

I'm gonna try and keep this short - seeing as the name of this blog is "tiny reviews" and not "lengthy pieces of information that nobody's gonna read". I'm purely going to focus on the parts that I thought did well in the novel and exactly why you should read it. 

You can already tell this is gonna be a positive review. 

Characters:

My favourite character was "It" and this is because this morphing and strange creature did well at scaring the kids - but also did well on scaring the shit out of me. I seriously don't know how Stephen King does it - but whatever he does, it's very, very frightening. 

Themes:

My favourite theme in the whole novel was the theme of fear and phobia. Not just the horror writing itself - but King wants to invite you to understand your own fear and phobias - that's until you read another Stephen King novel again and scare the daylights out of yourself. 


Storyline:

I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline because of its sense to jigsaw everything together - as Stephen King does. It was full of unexpected turns and it was almost like you are working as you read because you have to piece things together throughout the book. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9

100% for characters: Oh dear God why...

100% for themes: I challenge anyone to tell me who does fear and phobia better than Stephen King

100% for storyline: I enjoyed this part because it felt more like an investigation than a horror novel

No comments:

Post a Comment