Friday 9 September 2016

Inés of My Soul



This is the second book by Isabel Allende that I am reading. I feel like this one was less emotional - but purely because I was more prepared for it than the last. I thought that this book was pretty deep with some key themes of travel, passion and desire - the Allende-esque nature of the book really shone through in that aspect. 

Characters:

My favourite character is Dona Inés. This is because I feel that she was the only character with a soul purpose of happiness. I mean, everyone in the book clearly has a different goal - but all Inés really wants is to be happy and complete, but she hardly gets it by easy terms. 

Themes:

I believe the greatest theme that has ever been written by Allende is passion. Passion, emotion, depth, all kinds and states of feeling - everything that is sublime and romanticist. Allende does all of these things so well - that it feels like we are immersed in it all the time. 

Storyline:

The best pieces of the storyline were the ones that came in emotional spurts or moments of deep sensational reflection. It's like living in a world where everything is much slower, but has much more feeling than what you're used to. It's an amazing experience. 

Verdict:

I give this book 9.

100% for characters: I thought that Inés line: Isn't the most vain thing an autobiography ? the best line that echoes and echoes across the many pages of this novel. That's why I love her character - her words just seem to reflect, juxtapose & detract the events. 

100% for themes: Passion, passion and more PASSION!

100% for storyline: Please, you just need to read her work to understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment